Sleeps 10 in 2 bunkrooms of 4 & 6 persons
The Smiddy Bunkhouse has ground floor views of the Caledonian Canal, Ben Nevis – and views of the Harry Potter train (West Highland Railway line to Mallaig) which goes past the door in summer.
In the Smiddy Bunkhouse there are 2 alpine style bunkrooms with full sized adult bunk beds. Both bunkrooms are heated by panel heaters. All bedding & linen is provided. Bookings can be made for the whole bunkhouse on an exclusive basis or individual rooms for 4 or 6 persons. We do not let by the bed.
♦ The Smiddy Bunkhouse :
booking on an exclusive basis for all 10 beds. See our availability & exclusive booking prices on the grid below.
♦ booking individual rooms in the Smiddy Bunkhouse. See our online availability & bookings on the grid below.
If the bunkrooms are booked just for your group of 4 or 6 persons the kitchen, cooking, eating & sitting area will be shared with the folks booking the other room.
Smiddy Bunkroom 1
sleeps 4 in a family room with its own en-suite shower room. This is ideal for families sleeping 4 in a family room with its own en-suite shower room.
Smiddy Bunkroom 2
The other bunkroom sleeps 6 persons in bunk beds with its own separate shower room with 2 showers.
Open Plan Kitchen Area
This is a fully fitted area with storage units and shelving. Completely equipped with crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, pots & pans. There is a separate fridge & freezer, toaster, 2 kettles and a microwave. Excellent cooking facilities – all electric with 2 full ovens, 2 hobs, & hoods with 8 cooking rings and 2 grills.
Open Plan Living / Dining Area
In The Smiddy we have two long pine dining tables & benches plus a new settle and table to more than comfortably seat 12 adjacent to the kitchen area. There is an easy sitting area with a coffee table provided to chill out and chat in front of the “fire”. There is no television in the Smiddy – novels, magazines and games are provided. The interior of the Smiddy is almost completely pine clad with Scandinavian light pine which gives a comfortable cosy interior.
There are 2 shower rooms in the Smiddy. Shower Room 1 is en-suite with a small bunkroom for 4 . It is fitted with 1 full electric shower, WC, 2 wash hand basins, shaver point, heater. Shower Room 2 has 2 full electric showers, WC; 2 wash hand basins; shaver point and heater. There is no extra charge for showers.
We provide :
- Mattresses; mattress cover and clean under sheet; pillow & pillow slip, duvet and duvet cover. All bedding is freshly laundered after each change over.
- All Bedding is free of charge. Beds are made up on arrival
- All cooking & catering facilities
- Tea towels, dish cloths, washing up liquid, and pan scourers
- Bin bags and some spares.
- Washing machine in the drying room along with a tumble dryer (£1 coins in the meter)
- Use of 2 drying rooms (£1 coins required for meter). The drying room adjacent to the Smiddy front access is shared with other clients.
- NOTE : Wi-fi reception is poor in the Smiddy. We are working to resolve this issue however Wi-Fi is freely available in other parts of the accommodation
- Personal towels for hire at £ 1 per towel
- Ample free, off road parking space for cars, minibus and trailer
Other Facilities on site :
Loads of local advice & information – bus,train & ferry information; weather forcasts;where to go;what to do.
As part of Snowgoose Mountain Centre we also run almost daily adventure days & activity breaks in paddlesports, dinghy sailing and mountain activities.
Use of lecture room for up to 12 persons
Use of maps & local information – security deposit required.
Lockable bike store
Canoe & Kayak Storage
while you are here chill out, take a leisurely walk,…
ideal for small families or groups of friends
great views over the Caledonian Canal
great for extended families
the smiddy bunkhouse
well suited for friends & family with warm pine clad…
excellent value group accommodation