Booking Blacksmiths Hostel
Blacksmiths Hostel has ground floor views over Loch Linnhe and the nearby islands off the end of the Caledonian Canal, Ben Nevis – and views to the sunsets over the Ardgour and Glenfinnan hills to the west– especially in autumn and winter!
Bunkrooms There are 3 bunkrooms in Blacksmiths, which sleep 4 (2 ) or 6 (1) persons in full sized adult bunkbeds with plenty of space. Showers are on a shared basis. All bunkrooms are heated by panel heaters. All bedding & linen is provided. All bedding & linen is provided. Bookings can be made for the whole bunkhouse on an exclusive basis or individual rooms for 4 or 6 persons. We do not let by the bed.
♦ booking on an exclusive basis for all 14 beds. See our availability & exclusive booking prices on the grid below
♦ To book individual bunkrooms of 4 or 6 persons in Blacksmiths Hostel our online availability & bookings can be found on the grids below.
If the bunkrooms are booked just for your group of 4 or 6 persons the kitchen. cooking, eating & sitting area will be shared d with the folks booking the other rooms.
Blacksmiths Hostel Bunkroom 1 – sleeps 4, shared showers.
Blacksmiths Hostel Bunkroom 2 – sleeps 4, shared showers.
Blacksmiths Hostel Bunkroom 3 – sleeps 6, shared showers.
Open Plan Kitchen Area
Fully fitted kitchen area with storage units & shelving. Completely equipped with crockery, cutlery , cooking utensils,pots & pans. Fridge & microwave. Excellent cooking facilities. All electric – full oven, hob with 4 rings, hood, and grill. Kitchen available at all times.
There are 2 separate shower rooms in Blacksmiths. Each one has a full electric shower, wash hand basin, WC, shaver point and heater. There is no extra charge for showers.
Open Plan Living / Dining Area
2 long pine tables with fitted settles & benches to comfortably seat & feed 14 people altogether adjacent to cooking area. Comfortable easy seating on sofas and chairs provided in living area alongside dining area. There is no television in Blacksmiths. The interior of the Hostel living area is almost completely pine clad with light pine, which gives a light airy feeling which is comfortable & cosy.
Blacksmiths has its own large pine clad porch area which is ideal for boots and wet gear.
- Mattresses; mattress cover and clean under sheet; pillow & pillow slip, duvet and duvet cover. All bedding is freshly laundered after each change over.
- All Bedding is free of charge. Beds are made up on arrival. NOTE: We do not allow any exteranl bedding to be brought into the hostel or bunkhouse.
- All cooking & catering facilities
- Tea towels, dish cloths, washing up liquid, and pan scourers
- Bin bags and some spares.
- Washing machine in the drying room along with a tumble dryer (£1 coins in the meter)
- Use of 2 drying rooms (£1 coins required for meter)
- Free Wi-fi. WiFi reception is good in Blacksmiths – we provide a network keycard & password.
- Personal towels for hire at £1 per towel
- Ample free, off road parking space for cars, minibus and trailer
Other Facilities on site :
Loads of local advice & information – bus,train & ferry information; weather forcasts;where to go;what to do.
As part of Snowgoose Mountain Centre we also run almost daily adventure days & activity breaks in paddlesports, dinghy sailind and mountain activities.
Use of lecture room for up to 12 persons
Use of maps & local information – security deposit required.
Lockable bike store
Canoe & Kayak Storage
while you are here chill out, take a leisurely walk,…
ideal for small families or groups of friends
great views over the Caledonian Canal
great for extended families
the smiddy bunkhouse
well suited for friends & family with warm pine clad…
excellent value group accommodation